How to dress like a French woman? It is a matter of attitude rather than clothing.
Image source: @Pinterest
To get an apparently negligé but chic allure that characterizes Parisian girls, you need to work on your outfit but above all on your bearing, and on the choice of details that make the difference.
If you want to learn more about how to dress well and about how to get a perfect French fashion style – the most loved and imitated together with Italian style since ever – just like Lea Seydoux and Caroline de Maigret style, pay attention.
In this style guide, you will find our outfit ideas, the key-pieces to get a perfect French style, and also some - essential - golden rules to know how to dress like a Parisian woman.
Here are 5 golden rules:
- Keyword: nonchalance: what characterizes the well-known French look is this sort of natural ease in any situation.
- The unique savoir-faire of those who are born and grew up breathing the fresh air of the Ville Lumière, sensual and mysterious even with t-shirt and jeans.
- Less is more: as Coco Chanel said “Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off”, Parisian style is minimal but distinctive.
- Pay attention to details: if you have observed how French women dress, surely you noticed that there is a detail that does not work with the outfit, actually, that is exactly what makes the difference. Break the rules!
- Nude makeup: what characterizes Parisian women is the super sexy charm with messy hair and - apparently - randomly chosen pieces (for example a men's shirt). Avoid too particular hairstyles and heavy makeup. Put on a stitch of mascara and red lipstick. Be always natural and spontaneous.
How to build a minimalist French wardrobe for chic style?
Here are some French-inspired women's looks that will drive you crazy!
- BOYFRIEND SHIRT
The "à la garçonne" style rules include basic and over pairings like jeans + t-shirt or shirt stolen from men's wardrobe (or like they were).
The minimalism that characterizes French look in nude colors: the perfect casual-chic style for any occasion (and above all the perfect office look).
- A PETITE ROBE NOIR
Created in 1926 by Coco Chanel, turned into a must-have by Vogue and made timeless by Audrey Hepburn, the black sheath dress is among the 10 iconic and unmissable items in your wardrobe. A classic evergreen item to wear as it stands.
It is undeniable that France has a romantic connotation.
Not just because Paris is the Haute Couture capital: from north to south, France is seen through a pink filter under the sign of the hymn by Édith Piaf.
So, green light to bon ton dresses, ruches, micro floral patterns and lace details for a walk through the lavender fields of Valensole or a picnic at the foot of the Tour Eiffel.
- MIDI SKIRT
An essential of your new French-wardrobe: the a-shaped midi skirt, namely flared. To match with a boat-neck sweater and a beret. The French hat par excellence, but also a real go-to item to complete your outfits for a trip to Paris!
- TOTAL BLACK
Messy fringe, rouge lips, and a contrasting accessory. The daily style to get inspired for everyday life, from an art exhibition to a night out with friends.
Discover more about accessories and pieces of clothing by the best international fashion designers online at Giglio.com!
Here is our edit of Parisienne-style pieces and accessories to have asap!